Here is my treatment plan:
1. Plant based diet, fresh homemade preps,
2. No processed foods. When I do eat processed foods, I eat high quailty products from the health food store. Read the ingredients. If they have more than 6 ingredients in them, or a bunch of chemicals, then avoid,
3. Green smoothie or fresh raw green vegetable juice made with high quality juicer every day. I only need one, but if you do more, I think you will get even better results. Recipe: 3 carrots, 2 cups of tightly packed greens (spinach, parsley, cilantro)- not cruciferous vegetables which aggravate the thyroid, 3 celery sticks, 1 apple and 1 thumbnail of ginger if you like ginger.
4. Sweaty rigorous exercise every morning- I do hot yoga. Running or fast paced gym workout will do,
5. If you have restless leg syndrome as a result of your hypothyroidism.....do this relaxing acupressure exercise every night before bed or anytime. If your RLS is serious then do this video twice:
Restless Leg Syndrome Resolved:
7. No sugar, or artificial sweeteners. You may use the natural, zero calorie sweeteners: Stevia, xylitol, moong fruit - many drinks sweetened with these.
8. No alcohol, small amount of black tea - otherwise no caffeine,
9. Take D3, B12 and iron. Iron can cause nausea so be sure to take heme iron. I use ProFerrin heme iron.
10. You need to go to a naturopath that specializes in hormones and thyroid issues. Most thyroid labs do not accurately measure thyroid problems in the lower ranges of abnormalities and many MDs will tell you you don't have thyroid issues even when you do. This is now recognized even by some MDs who are more wholistic.
Not only does this regime increase energy and happiness, but creates over all better health. People hold onto their junkie eating habits because they think it is giving them pleasure. Eating a plant based diet and eating whole healthy natural foods is not only incredibly delicious, but brings you so much more pleasure than any piece of pizza ever will. Look for good recipes on Youtube or here: https://www.anxietyeliminated.com/recipes