Easy, Delicous Curry – better than your favorite indian restaurant
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 Onion, chopped small or
3 cloves Garlic, minced
Substitue for garlic and onions: 2 tsp Asafoetida, also known as hing
1 Hot Red Chilli, chopped fine (optional)
Thumb sized piece Ginger, minced
3 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Ground Turmeric
2 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
2 tsp Ground Coriander
2 tsp Ground Cumin
4 tbs Tomato Puree
2 tbs lemon juice, or apple cider
2 cans Chickpeas, drained
1 can Coconut Milk
2 cups water
1. Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the oil. When the pan is hot add the onion, garlic, chilli & ginger, cook for 10 minutes – stirring often. If you choose Asafoetida instead of garlic and onions, add this now.
2. Add the all the spices & cook whilst stirring for another 3-4 minutes to let the spices roast & release their aromatics. Throw in the tomato puree and cook for 1 more minute before adding the chickpeas.
3. Add lemon juice, stir
4. Add coconut milk, stir
5. Let gently simmer (almost no bubbles from boiling) for 12 mins.
6. Add water gradually – stopping when you reach consistency you like.
Asian Vegetable Pancakes
Plant Based, Gluten and Grain Free
4 Medium Sized Pancakes
1/2 cup scallions chopped
1 cup sweet potatioes, matchstick shapes
1 cup zucchini, match stick shapes
1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
1 tsp salt
5 tsp onion powder or 2 tsp hing
5 tsp curry powder
1 tsp psyllium powder
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tsp white or cider vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
Heat up cast iron or stainless steel skillet on medium heat with about 1 Tbsp of coconut oil.
Combine vegetables into large bowl
In separate bowl, combine garbanzo bean flour and water stirring briskly.
Combine psyllium and 1/4 cup water in sparate small bowl stirring briskly - psyllium will thichen - it should be like thick pancake batter. If it is too thick add some water to thin. Add immediately to the garbanzo bean flour batter and stir batter briskly for 4 mins.
Add psices to batter and stir
Add batter to vegetable mixture and combine.
Spoon mixture onto skillet, making pancakes about the diameter of your hand width. Press mixture down with spatula to make pancakes thin.
Let first side fry on medium low for 15 mins - do not disturb.
Lift sides of pancake up with spatula, drip more coconut oil under pancakes, let fry until cripsy, flip. Make sure pan well oiled with coconut oil.
Vegetable Soup in Thick Stock
Plant Based, Grain and Gluten Free
2 celery stalks
5 green onions
1.5 cups of chopped cabbage
4-5 cloves of garlic
1.5 - 2 cups of cooked navy beans
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1.5 txp of oregano
1 tsp of thyme
2 rounded tbsp of onion powder or 3/4 tbsp
1 tbsp of sea salt
1 tsp of ground pepper
1 rounded tbsp of conrstarch
Water - enough to cover vegetables in pan
Cut potatoes and cabbage wedges into chunks, 1 inch in width.
Heat 2 - 3 tbsp of coconut oil in large heavy pot. Add oinions and saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
Add all vegetables,spices, and beans on the above list up to the cornstarch.
Add enough water to cover pluss a little more.
Bring pot to a boil then reduce to medium heat, cover pot, simmer for 20 minutes.
Keep checking to see how much water you might want to add.
After 20 mins, mix 2 rounded tbsp of cornstarch in a cup with 2 tbsp of water, mix thoroughly. Stir into soup mixture and stir mixture for 5 mins, keeping pot on low heat. This will thicken the soup stock.
1.5 medium leeks
1 cup green peas frozen
1.5 cups chopped asparagus
2 gluten free pie crusts
Cashews – raw uncooked – 1 cup
3 vegetable bouillon cubes – good quality – health food store- I use Rapunzel not salted
1 cup of So Delicious Coconut Creamer
2 large bay leaves or 3 to 4 small
Two heaping TBSP Earth Balance Coconut Spread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Saute vegetables except peas until 1/2 done.
• Put all ingredients listed in “Plant Based Sauce” into blender. If too thick and won’t blend, add more coconut milk. This sauce should be extremely thick thicker than pancake mix. Add the coconut milk gradually – you may only need ¾ of a cup.
• Put all vegetables into pie shell, pour sauce over vegetables. Sauce should be so thick that it stays on top (but will melt and sink down into pie when cooked). Take second pie shell, turn upside down and remove from pan, place on top of filled pie shell, and push down on it and rework it to create a top instead of the bottom that it was fashioned to be. Don’t worry if it breaks apart just pinch the pieces back together if they come apart. The doe is moldable. Go around edges with wet fingers and seal the edges, pinching the two pie shells together.
• Bake about 15 mins – until pie shell is crispy and brown on the outside.
• Let stand 15 mins to cool – very important – other wise the sauce will be runny and thin.
Raw Vegan Cashew Cheese
Easy, Gluten Free, Plant Based
1.5 cups of raw cashews
1.5 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp curry powder
1 refrigerated capsule of probiotic (Renew Life, Ulitmate Flora, 30 Billion)
Blend in blender, add water as needed, hopefully no more than 1/2 cup, should be extremely thick
Leave in blender overnight to ferment
Place in glass container and refrigerate overnight.
Slice and serve. Keep in fridge.
Butternut Squash Soup
1 medum smallish butternut squash; if you use bigger squash need to add more of other ingredients too
1 medium onion
4 cloves garlic
3 bullion cubes; Rapunzel low sodium best
4 Tbsp thyme
2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, sauted until lightly brown.
2 cups of water or more
Salt to taste
Optional: Replace water with So Delicious Coconut mild
Note: many butternut squash soup calls for peeling squash before cooking. This is extremely laborious and totally unnecessary because the soup is blended. Also the skin is nutritious. Also not necessary to peel garlic for same reason.
1. Cut squash lengthwise in half and remove seeds.
2. Place squash into baking dish with the flat open side facing down.
3. Bake 350 for 40 mins or until completely tender.
4. Remove squash from baking dish, slice into 3 inch slices.
5. Place all 3 cubes of bullion into blender; add 2 cups of water into blender. Blend for 2 mins.
6. Peel onion and saute until cooked.
7. Slice pears into 3 inch slices.
8. Place cooked squash into blender with blended bullion, blend for 3 mins, adding more water until you have a thick soupy consistency.
9. Add onion, garlic, pears, thyme, nutmeg into blender. Blend until all ingredients well mixed. May need to add more water. Should be thick. Can replace all or one half of water with So Delicious Coconut creamer.
10. Salt to taste; blend salt after adding.
11. Reheat the blended soup; place in bowl; add 1 to 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds on top
Delicious Roasted Vegetables
7 small red potatoes – 3 inches wide. If they are wider then use less potatoes
Any combination of the following; 1 zucchini, one small bunch asparagus, 2.5 cup brussel sprouts, 1 yellow summer squash
½ red onion
1 fresh ripe tomato, can substitute small salad tomatoes
1.5 rounded TBSP Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut potatoes into ¾ inch chunks. Spread onto a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with ¾ TBSP Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 350. Bake potatoes for 20 mins.
2. Cut tomatoes into ½ inch chunks. Vegetables may use any of the following – about 4.5 cups total not including tomatoes, onions or potatoes: Cut zucchini and summer squash into 4 inch long ½ inch wide strips. Cut Brussel sprouts in half. Cut asparagus stem in half – discard the lower half. Place vegetables on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with ¾ TBSP Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper.
3. Place this cookie sheet into the oven on a separate shelf from the potatoes and cook for 15 mins. Potatoes stay in the oven.
4. Now place tomatoes and sliced onions on top of zucchini and squash and cook everything for a remaining 5 mins.
5. Example: If the potatoes go in at 6pm, then the zucchini and squash go in at 6:20 pm. Both the potatoes and the zucchini and squash cook from 6:20 until 6:40. Then the tomatoes and onions are added on top of veggie sheet, and everything cooks for another 5 mins. Nothing is removed from the oven until 6:45pm.
6. Tip: Be sure that the vegetables are spread out and not touching one another. This will allow them to turn a crispy brown.
7. At the end, combine all vegetables onto one cookie sheet and serve immediately.
8. For big crowds, cook double the amount. Cook potatoes on 2 separate cookie sheets for 40 to 45 mins, until brown and crispy. Remove from oven. Then cook remaining veggies on 2 separate cookie sheets for 15 to 20, adding the onions and tomatoes at the last 5 mins.
Crispy Spring Rolls
1 package square egg free, egg roll wraps – about 4” x 4”.
1 large zucchini - chopped in 3 inch long strips, the diameter of a pencil
Two yellow squash – chopped in 3 inch long strips, the diameter of a pencil.
3 Rounded TBSP ginger
3 Rounded TBSP garlic
1 Lime – scoop out whole lime – juice and flesh out of skin. Mash and cut into tiny pieces. 3 Rounded TBSP Almond Butter
Salt to tast
1) Place large heavy glass serving dish in freezer.2) Using very large fry pan; saute ginger and garlic in fry pan.3) Add zucchini and squash and sauté until tender.4) Remove glass dish from freezer. Put contents of fry pan into dish, which will cool the mixture down enough to be handled.6) Place one wrap on plate with one corner facing north and one south, i.e. one corner pointing towards you and one away. Place one rounded tsp of mixture in glass dish into an egg roll. You need less than you think. Start rolling the egg roll up at the south corner moving to the north corner. Fold left and right edges towards the middle.7) Place egg roll with exposed corner facing down in frying pan. Lightly fry each egg roll on both sides and place into serving dish. When done Nasoya egg rolls will be crispy, crunchy and brown.
Exotic Chickpea Chicken Salad
2 cups chickpeas or Quorn vegan chicken pieces
.5 cup EACH of onions, sweet pickles, celery
.75 cup Veganese – vegan mayonnaise
.5 black olives
.5 cup chopped basil
.5 cup petite size frozen peas warmed – optional
5 dried apricots – sliced into very thin slivers
1 tsp tumeric
2 tbsp mustard
2 rounded tbsp onion powder
Salt and pepper
1. If using chickpeas, put them in a bowl and mash them with a potato masher until 1/2 are mashed.
2. If using Quorn veggie chicken, fry until lightly brown; with spatula, cut each piece in half with spatula while frying.
3. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and you are ready to go.
4. Toast a gluten free bread, put Veganese on bread with piece of letuce, put vegan chicken salad on top.
4 cups vegetables:
Any combination of
Broccoli - cut in thin slivers
Kale - diced
Grean beans - halved
Carrots - cut like quarters
Cabbage- long thin shreds
Quorn Chicken Tenders Vegan- many mainstream grocery stores carry this now. Whole Foods carries. Soy, wheat, gluten, dairy free.
1 c seasoned rice vinegar
1 c tamari or soy sauce - LOW SODIUM
3 Tbsp mince garlic
1 Tbsp natural sweetner
1 Tbsp red pepper blakes
.5 c toasted sesame oil
1/4 c minced fresh cilantro
Cut vegetables as directed above - need 4 cups total from the above list.
Saute vegetables in heavy fry pan until 1/2 done. Start with carrots, broccoli, green beans and cook until 1/2 done. Add lighter vegetables - kale, cabbage - and cook until done.
Sauce: Mix all above ingredients together and pour over vegetables.
Raw Green Vegetable Juice:
3 cups thightly packed baby spinach - buy in big plastic container for cost savings.
(or one head of cilantro or flat leaf parsley)
2 stalks celery
One half to one whole apple or other fruit
One thumb of ginger
One thumb of tumeric
Indian Mung Beans
Great for digestive issues
1 Cup mung beans
7 cups water
1 cup carrot diced
2 cups cauliflower, zucchini, squash (use whatever vegetables you like)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp turmeric powder1.75 Tbsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp fennel seeds
1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt, or salt to taste
1 tsp black pepper
Place mung beans in water in a heavy sauce pan.
Add carrots, turn to a medium or medium low heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes and beans are beginning to get soft.
Add remainder of vegetables, and cook for about 10 more mins.
Stop cooking when you see the mung beans split slightly open. If you cook too long will get mushy.
Seasonings: In heavy fry pan, heat the coconut oil, add all spices and lightly saute for 7 mins. Mix into mung beans and stir thoroughly.
Serve over brown rice or quinoa.